Views
Helpful
Replies

visio stencil for the ASA 5508-X

flavio.burattin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I need the visio stencil for the ASA 5508-X with FirePOWER with IPS, where can i download it?

i checked here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/visio-stencil-listing.html

Security-Cisco ASA 55xx (ZIP - 7 MB)   
06/May/2013
but unfortunately the 5508 model is missing, could  you send me the vss file? 

tks,

F.

18 Replies 18

QW_netzwerk
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problems. I am also looking as well for visio stencils for 5506-X.

I've just created a proper one for ASA 5508-X by cookie cutting from other models. Still a crude design, but definitely better than an image.

to_rac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I also need the Visio stencils for the ASA 5508-X, 5506-X and 5516-X.

Thanks,

Carl

Hi,

Same problem here, i need this stencil too

Somebody can help us ? :)

Thank you.

Dave Bartel
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if anyone is still needing this, but I needed it. So I go some images and cobbled together a basic working stencil with connection points for all of the connections that the rear modules in the image support. Front and rear views included.

Thanks very much for taking the time to create this!!

hi,

do you have visio stencil for 5516-X?

i've searched on cisco's stencil link but there's none.

From looking at the documentation, it sounds like the 5516-X has the exact same rear panel as the 5508-X, so I would suggest just using the 5508-X stencil (though use the improved version from the other post I made on this thread). If it's essential that the front panel say 5516-X instead of 5508-X, let me know and I'll find the time in the next few days to modify the front panel graphic.

hi,

yes both look very identical. thanks for doing this!

you're heaven sent! +5

No problem, happy to help.

Nevermind, meeting got cancelled and I ended up having the time, so I've modified my existing 5508-X stencil to include the 5516-X front panel, and to rename the back panel to indicate that it is good for 5508-X/5516-X. I've also included both VSS and VSSX files for folks so you should be good for pretty much any version of Visio out there.

As always, it's not super professional, just working with the images I can find online quickly.

it works.
Thank you.

Dave Bartel
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, here is a slightly better version with the white space cleared up. Still not as good as a professional one, but it's the best I can do with the time available.

Hello Dave Bartel,

Thanks for creating this.

ANY Chance you  or someone else here can save it as a standard VSS or VSX, We have Visio 2010 only and cannot get the .vssx to open.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: