cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Endpoint not upgrading via TMS

cadencejames
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to do a software upgrade on one of my VTC endpoints (a DX80), however it fails every time, saying "The event failed to complete. Details: Software FTP Directory not accessible via IIS/HTTP." Looking through previous conversations, I noticed that the software folder wasn't shared for some, so I verified that mine was, but it still didn't work after verifying that it was shared. I am able to upload the .pkg file and the system recognizes it, but the endpoint doesn't upgrade.

I have ensured the following locations are shared (I'm not sure that it matters, but I've seen all three referenced in different places as needing to be shared):
C:\Program Files\TANDBERG\TMS\SOFTWARE
C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwTMS\Public\data\SOFTWARE
C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwTMS\Public\data\SystemSoftware

When the new file was uploaded, only the first location was updated with the new file.

My system information is:
TMS Version: 14.6.2
TMS Software FTP Directory: C:\Program Files\TANDBERG\TMS\SOFTWARE\

Thank you for your time and help

~Cadence

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to check the Windows Permissions on the file, the Windows Permissions on the folder, and also the IIS Permissions to make sure that the IIS user has access to everything that is needed.  

I've also found in the past, a quick re-install of the same TMS version you are running over the top of the existing one often fixes this type of IIS/permission issue.  That could be worth a try.

As you have said you are only trying to update one specific device - it may just be quicker and easier for you to do it via the device's web interface rather than via TMS.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne,
Thank you for the reply. I checked the permissions, and everything seems to be in order.

Looking in the IIS Manager, does it matter that the location for the software folders isn't where TMS is actively looking for the new updates? For instance, when I upload a new software update (via the TMS website) it gets uploaded to: "C:\Program Files\TANDBERG\TMS\SOFTWARE" on the server, however that folder isn't listed in the IIS Manager on the server.

Unfortunately, doing a re-install of TMS isn't option for me. And yes, this is for one device currently, however this is just a test to figure out the process so I can update a lot more. Updating the device via the webpage is an option (we've done this for a device in the past) and we will do it that way if it comes down to it. I was just trying to find a quicker and easier solution for the number of devices we have.

~Cadence