cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 13.2 set HTTPS Admin Password through configuration template for C series Codec

Randy Golosino
Level 1
Level 1

We have more than 100 C series Codec managed by TMS, I made a configuration template including "Admin Password" template but it seems like what I have set in template is not being push to the Codec. What is the correct template for it,

We appreciate your help

Thank you..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Randy -

In my templates for TMS, I use the following field to push admin passwords to the codecs.  Since I first tried this option and it worked, I never tried the other password fields that might be listed in the templates.

Setting:     Password

System Type:     Other type

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Randy -

In my templates for TMS, I use the following field to push admin passwords to the codecs.  Since I first tried this option and it worked, I never tried the other password fields that might be listed in the templates.

Setting:     Password

System Type:     Other type

Thanks Patrick, It works!!!

Hi Randy/Patrick,

Am I right in thinking that even if you push the password via TMS, you still have to manually update the connection info in TMS afterward?

Chris

Hi Chris,

That's correct, TMS won't automatically update its stored credentials for a managed system after changing them through a configuration template.

Regards,

Kjetil

Kjetil Ree wrote:

Hi Chris,

That's correct, TMS won't automatically update its stored credentials for a managed system after changing them through a configuration template.

Regards,

Kjetil

Many thanks for this Kjetil. I thought this was the case, I even think I submitted a feature request to enable a simpler method of globally updating passwords through TMS as however you do it currently, you still have a LOT of manual manipulation to do. 

Hi Kjetil, are you absolutely sure of that because it's not what I could experience. With the template that Patrick gave (password/other type), it has always worked as expected for me and password gets updated both on the system itself and in TMS database.

Thomas Bonhomme wrote:

Hi Kjetil, are you absolutely sure of that because it's not what I could experience. With the template that Patrick gave (password/other type), it has always worked as expected for me and password gets updated both on the system itself and in TMS database.

Now I just had to try!

I applied a configuration template with a password/other value to a SX20 running TC 7.0.1, and it immediately went into a "Wrong username or password" state in TMS's System Navigator. So it seems like what I described is the actual behavior.

Regards,

Kjetil

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kjetil Ree wrote:

[...]

I applied a configuration template with a password/other value to a SX20 running TC 7.0.1, and it immediately went into a "Wrong username or password" state in TMS's System Navigator. So it seems like what I described is the actual behavior.

[...]

... and five minutes later, TMS picked up the change and corrected it. Seems like you were right then Thomas!

-Kjetil

Hi All,

Do you know what - I am officially gob smacked! For years, we have had a TMS template for the MXP series CODECs that used the template setting:

SystemUnit Password from the "TANDBERG MXP Endpoint" templates

Whilst this updates the remote access passwords on the MXPs, it DOESN'T update the TMS connection password. As such we used it rarely because we have 100's of MXP 6000 and it would mean still manually updating TMS once TMS had lost connection. Of course, this thread is in relation to the C series and so I thought that the template setting:

Password from the "Other Systems" templates,

as mentioned above would not work on the MXP, but had assumed the same deficiency was there for the C series password updates within a TMS system template.

However, I have just applied this to one of our MXP's and not only did it update the remote access password on the admin account, but also on the root account (although I not sure if these passwords are linked on the MXPs) AND on the TMS Connection page. Amazing! The things you never knew....

Many thanks for the prompt to retry this. Now, hopefully the same will be true on the VCS's and on their root and admin accounts..... My life might just have become a bit simpler with TMS!

Chris

I use password / other type to apply passwords via templates to all of our codecs (C-Series, EX, MXP, and E20).

Kjetil -

Could it be possible that TMS is updating/changing the codec passwords in the same fashion a user would do so through TMS, instead of doing it to the codec itself, might explain why TMS gets the updated password as well?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Just tried a C series with 'Root' enabled, and although the admin and TMS passwords do get updated, the root password remains the same.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: