cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed vs. Security with Gene Kim, Kelsey Hightower, & Stephen Augustus

Sean Dahlberg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have a special treat this year at Cisco Live US, but if you’re not attending, read on as you don't have to be an attendee to benefit from this one.

Join us for the Speed vs. Security: New frameworks for protecting cloud native and multicloud environments panel on Wednesday, June 7 at 4 PM PDT (what time is that for me?) for a live conversation with our distinguished panel of experts. Come join us for a discussion featuring the latest thinking on how organizations can get both security and speed.

Who’s on the panel?

• Gene Kim is a Wall Street Journal bestselling author, researcher, and multiple award-winning CTO. He has been studying high-performing technology organizations since 1999 and was the founder and CTO of Tripwire for 13 years.
  • Kelsey Hightower is Google Cloud's Principal Developer Advocate. He has helped develop and refine many Google Cloud Products, including Google’s Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Functions, and Apigees’s API Gateway. Kelsey is also a huge open source contributor and an accomplished author.
  • Stephen Augustus is the Head of Open Source at Cisco within the Emerging Technologies & Incubation division. For Kubernetes, he has co-founded transformational elements of the project, including the KEP (Kubernetes Enhancements Proposal) process, the Release Engineering subproject, and Working Group Naming.

The panel will be joined and moderated by our very own Michael Chenetz, who also hosts the Cloud Unfiltered podcast.

Ready to attend Speed vs. Security? Then use one of these links to ensure you don’t miss out and secure your seat (in-person or virtual):

I hope the panel discusses a quote from The Unicorn Project: “Technology needs to be embedded in the business, not external to it or merely ‘aligned with it.” A question I’d love to ask the panel is how they see the relationship between the business and engineering teams evolving.

What questions would you like to see them answer?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: