cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

First 50 Customer Post Candidate

robert.gartley
Level 1
Level 1

Ahoy hoy all! My name is Rob and I'm responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Thousand Eyes at a hospital group in SE Wisconsin. So you want to hear my Thousand Eyes stories? Not a problem. It's an easy product to talk about!

• Which features do you use, and how long did the implementation take? 

We love the Endpoint Agent features of Thousand Eyes. Being able to see issues on a Thousand Eyes agent's remote network is great to have when you have a large remote worker population. Deploying of the agent via SCCM and the development of tests took no time at all. From the initial login, deployment of agents, creation of tests, and viewing of live data took less than an hour to get going. Of course that's the bare minimum. You're going to spend a lot of time creating some nice dashboards for some really useful data as well as executive reporting which will take a bit of time to get looking good. 

• What business problems did you solve using ThousandEyes? Do you have an interesting use case to share? 

Great question! We have a large user base of remote call center agents that all suddenly lost connectivity and were unable to place and receive calls. Of course everyone blames the VPN, the Firewall, or some other rock solid piece of Infrastructure, but after checking Thousand Eyes, I was able to see that all of the affected agent were on the same ISP and the ISP was having an issue. This saved time and resources from checking everything on our side as Thousand Eyes was able to determine the issue quickly prior to the end users receiving information from their ISP.

• What do you like most about the ThousandEyes platform? 

Ease of use. Simple dashboards that are able to provide way more data than one would think. The new Drilldown feature on the dashboard cards also helps speed things along. What a great feature that the TE Developers came through on!

• Do you have any exciting plans with the ThousandEyes platform?  

We plan on using Enterprise agents for more in-depth application reporting as well as IPSLA testing functionality. Being able to monitor business critical web applications and voice is right in the Thousand Eyes wheel house.

If anyone has any questions about my TE deployment, please feel free to reach out.

3 Replies 3

john74355
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robert, thanks for sharing. We also use endpoint agents at my company. One of the shortcomings (? not sure if there is a better word) is that the majority of our user traffic goes thru proxy (Zscaler) - so our network related tests are not fully "complete" as Zscaler blocks the network tests from fully completing - we only get metrics from the client up to the proxy, not all the way to whatever app/web server. Do y'all push user traffic through any proxy and if so how do you compensate for the incomplete network tests?

John,

In my previous life, we did exactly this with Thousand Eyes (TE). We used TE when using Zscaler wtih the ZIA client on the workstations as well as Zscaler tunnels on VeloCloud SD-WAN devices for site security. What we did was to create "allow" rules in our ZIA profile to all those tests to run properly or configure those tests or to bypass the Zscaler agent altogether.

That was a while ago though. TE has come along way with it's proxy configuration capabilities so you may want to try the below link that walks you through Endpoint Agent scheduled test proxy configuration.

https://docs.thousandeyes.com/product-documentation/global-vantage-points/endpoint-agents/configuring/endpoint-agent-proxy-configuration-for-scheduled-tests

abfentan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @robert.gartley, thank you for posting your use case. We will reach out to you in the next 2 weeks with instructions on how to claim your t-shirt. Appreciate your participation in the Community!