cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Learning ThousandEyes

jimmyburt372
Level 1
Level 1

My organization is just starting to implement ThousandEyes.  I took advantage of the free ThousandEyes training on the Rev Up to Recert program 2 months ago, and it was awesome.  I believe the training may still be available for free, but you will miss out on the Continuing Education points that were part of the program.  It was really good training, and left me with a great appreciation for the power of ThousandEyes. 

The one issue that I have been able to troubleshoot with ThousandEyes "in production" so far, has been an in-house learning management system that was having video playback glitches all of a sudden.  It had worked fine for several years.  Once we began using ThousandEyes agents to test from various workstations throughout our network, it quickly was found to be an issue with our online video hosting platform, which no one thought to mention, had recently changed.  We were able to share the ThousandEyes findings with the platform support team, and get the situation worked out.  Without ThousandEyes, I would have been left in a finger pointing stand-off.  I had already made the statement that it had to be something outside of "our network" as the issue happened for Remote users, when they were home, or at a library, or Starbuck's or anywhere else, just as much as when they were on our network.  But that did not fix the problem for anyone.  ThousandEyes really helped everyone out in this case.

What I like most about ThousandEyes is how customizable the deployment options are for the varied Agents, and the diversity of tests.

As we get fully up to speed and in the regular habit of using ThousandEyes information in our troubleshooting, I can't even begin to imagine where it might take us!

1 Reply 1

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @jimmyburt372 - thanks for sharing your experience of ThousandEyes - I love that you mentioned training!! 

We'll be in touch over the next two weeks with more details on how you can claim your tshirt!