cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use of ThousandEyes

nolivas
Level 1
Level 1

- Which features do you use and how long did the implementation take?

My team is primarily utilizing enterprise agents installed on CAT9K's and with the OVA option. The installation and setup were quick and easy for both options.

- What business problems did you solve using ThousandEyes? Do you have an interesting use case to share?

We have various branch locations that have had issues with "slowness and performance issues" when communicating or reaching back to our data centers. Our monitoring team has tools that are able to diagnose most issues from the perspective of the data center, but there are times when the issue is only present when originating from the branch location, which we've had a blind spot in monitoring. With the enterprise agent installed on a switch, we're able to run network / application performance and availability testing that gives a more complete view of the WAN and provides more perspectives of transactions (target-to-source, source-to-target, bidirectional).

- What do you like most about the ThousandEyes platform?

I really like the Path Visualization view that lets you drill down and see info on every hop in the route (rDNS, latency, ISP info, etc...), as well as the API.

- Do you have exciting plans with

We are going to be deploying enterprise agents to all of our branch locations and data centers next year, so I'm looking forward to the full deployment and all that it will provide to my organization.

1 Reply 1

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @nolivas - thanks for sharing your experience of ThousandEyes thus far!

We'll be reaching out over the next two weeks to provide more detail on how to claim your tshirt.