cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

install_ydk.sh not working on Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy Jellyfish)

hyber
Beginner
Beginner

Hi all, 

Im trying to install the ydk-gen on my Ubuntu 22.04 (in WSL), but the installer keeps failing with this:

[ 97%] Linking CXX static library libydk-0.8.6.5.a
Creating symbolic link /usr/local/lib/libydk.a
[ 97%] Built target ydk-0.8.6.5
[ 97%] Building CXX object samples/CMakeFiles/bgp.dir/bgp.cpp.o
[ 98%] Linking CXX executable bgp
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcrypto.so.1.1, needed by /usr/local/lib/libssh.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RAND_add@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_cmp@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_DigestInit@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `ECDSA_SIG_get0@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RSA_set0_crt_params@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_generate_parameters@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_dec2bn@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_aes_192_ctr@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `CRYPTO_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_GROUP_get_degree@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_md5@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_sha256@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RSA_sign@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `ECDSA_SIG_new@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_SIG_get0@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_aes_192_cbc@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_KEY_get0_group@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BIO_s_mem@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `ECDSA_do_sign@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `ERR_get_error@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_KEY_set_asn1_flag@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_set0_key@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_DecryptUpdate@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `PEM_read_bio_ECPrivateKey@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_get0_pqg@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_des_ede3_cbc@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_POINT_cmp@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_set0_pqg@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BIO_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_KEY_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `HMAC_Init_ex@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_SIG_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DES_ncbc_encrypt@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_rand@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_MD_CTX_reset@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_SIG_set0@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_mod_exp@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_clear_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_DigestFinal@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_bn2bin@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `HMAC_Update@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_CTX_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RSA_get0_factors@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_size@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `HMAC_CTX_new@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `ECDSA_SIG_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_KEY_get0_public_key@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_new@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_KEY_generate_key@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RSA_verify@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RSA_set0_key@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_sha512@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_DecryptInit_ex@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_get0_key@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_POINT_point2oct@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_sha384@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `ERR_error_string@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_KEY_dup@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_POINT_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_MD_CTX_new@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_POINT_oct2point@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `HMAC_CTX_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `OPENSSL_init_crypto@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RSA_get0_key@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BIO_new@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `PEM_write_bio_DSAPrivateKey@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RSA_set0_factors@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_GROUP_get_curve_name@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DES_set_odd_parity@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RSA_size@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `HMAC_CTX_reset@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `ECDSA_do_verify@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `PEM_write_bio_ECPrivateKey@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_KEY_new_by_curve_name@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_generate_key@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_bf_cbc@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BIO_new_mem_buf@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_EncryptInit_ex@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_aes_128_cbc@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `PEM_write_bio_RSAPrivateKey@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `PEM_read_bio_DSAPrivateKey@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RSA_new@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_EncryptUpdate@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_aes_128_ctr@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_sha1@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_CTX_new@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `ECDSA_SIG_set0@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_POINT_clear_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RSA_get0_crt_params@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_aes_256_cbc@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_CIPHER_CTX_new@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_DigestUpdate@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_aes_256_ctr@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `ECDH_compute_key@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_do_sign@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_SIG_new@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_POINT_new@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_dup@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `HMAC_Final@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `PEM_read_bio_RSAPrivateKey@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_KEY_get0_private_key@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_KEY_set_public_key@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_bn2dec@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BIO_ctrl@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DES_set_key_unchecked@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_CIPHER_CTX_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_num_bits@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_CIPHER_CTX_reset@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_MD_CTX_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RAND_bytes@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EC_GROUP_cmp@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RSA_generate_key_ex@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_new@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_set_word@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_DigestInit_ex@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `EVP_CIPHER_CTX_set_padding@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_bin2bn@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `DSA_do_verify@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RAND_pseudo_bytes@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_bn2hex@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `BN_is_bit_set@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `RSA_free@OPENSSL_1_1_0'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [samples/CMakeFiles/bgp.dir/build.make:108: samples/bgp] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:268: samples/CMakeFiles/bgp.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:156: all] Error 2

Now I do see the warning that libcrypto.so.1.1 is not found.. and I cannot find it on my machine:

root@fe41bdeba219:/ydk-gen# find / -name libcrypto*
/root/confd/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.3
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/libcrypto.pc
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.a
/ydk-gen/3d_party/linux/ubuntu/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0

libssl etc. is installed by the script

root@fe41bdeba219:/ydk-gen# dpkg --list |grep ssl
ii  libflac8:amd64                1.3.3-2ubuntu0.1                        amd64        Free Lossless Audio Codec - runtime C library
ii  libssl-dev:amd64              3.0.2-0ubuntu1.9                        amd64        Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - development files
ii  libssl3:amd64                 3.0.2-0ubuntu1.9                        amd64        Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
ii  libzstd1:amd64                1.4.8+dfsg-3build1                      amd64        fast lossless compression algorithm
ii  openssl                       3.0.2-0ubuntu1.9                        amd64        Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - cryptographic utility
ii  zstd                          1.4.8+dfsg-3build1                      amd64        fast lossless compression algorithm -- CLI tool
root@fe41bdeba219:/ydk-gen#

To make sure, I booted up a docker container and tried the following procedure:

docker run -exec -it ubuntu:22.04 bash
apt-get update
apt-get install git
git clone https://github.com/ygorelik/ydk-gen.git cd ydk-gen export YDKGEN_HOME=`pwd` export PYTHON_VENV=$HOME/ydk_vne ./install_ydk.sh --cpp --core --venv

but it ends up with the same problem... if I use ubuntu:18.04 as in the Dockerfile, it seems to work, but I would really like it to run on my ubuntu 22.04 in WSL, so its easy for me to use vscode

Any help is much appreciated.. 

Esben

3 Replies 3

hyber
Beginner
Beginner

So, I guess Jammy is not technically supported by the installer yet:

https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/ydk-gen/blob/27dd7d85134a62aa9e9fa48edc0359d32b6a31ec/install_ydk.sh#L503-L506

hyber_1-1685023286395.png

Anyways, I grabbed openssl 1.1 from here: https://www.openssl.org/source/old/1.1.0/openssl-1.1.0l.tar.gz

did:

wget https://www.openssl.org/source/old/1.1.0/openssl-1.1.0l.tar.gz
tar xfz openssl-1.1.0l.tar.gz 
cd openssl-1.1.0l
./config && make && make install 

Now the install completes.. I dont really like to have it installed as it un-supported, but I guess I can try and extract the .so file and just use that as its done in the 3d_party folder.. 

Suggestions are still welcome

Esben

Hi Esben

The support for ubuntu:jammy was added in February, but that code is still in my private fork. The installer was tested on docker image. There could be some specifics on WSL, although I did not see these issues previously.

Anyway, thank you for your workaround, it will help improve the installer in official 0.8.6.5 release.

Yan

Hi Yan, 

thanks again.. I had some time to play a little more with it and I tried your personal repo.. unfortunately it broke my environment due to the static linking of ssh/ssl libs.. I managed to update your script to make it work on my WSL install.. I created pull request to your private repo: https://github.com/ygorelik/ydk-gen/pull/16

Since I used your edits as base, I though it was better to merge with your repo than the "official" one.

Esben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: