Views
Helpful
Replies

"accesspoint" not working as nodeSet icon

mspoerr
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

when I return iconType "accessPoint" within a nodeSet, it is displayed as switch. accesspoint works well as stand-alone icon. Are there limitiations regarding supported icons for nodeSets?

One more question: Are there more built-in icons than listed in the "Topology Icons" example?

Thanks,

Mathias

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

alzverev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi again Mathias,

Answer 1:

The answer is similar to the one I've given you before: the easiest way around setting up an icon for node sets is to put a nodeSet configuration into topology configuration, just like this:

nodeSetConfig: {

'iconType': 'accessPoint'

}

Answer 2:

You may either use built-in icons, or define yours.

Check out the demo "Register new icon" in "Basic" section: https://developer.cisco.com/site/neXt/discover/demo/

By the way, what is the icon, you'd like to use in your app?

- Alex

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

alzverev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi again Mathias,

Answer 1:

The answer is similar to the one I've given you before: the easiest way around setting up an icon for node sets is to put a nodeSet configuration into topology configuration, just like this:

nodeSetConfig: {

'iconType': 'accessPoint'

}

Answer 2:

You may either use built-in icons, or define yours.

Check out the demo "Register new icon" in "Basic" section: https://developer.cisco.com/site/neXt/discover/demo/

By the way, what is the icon, you'd like to use in your app?

- Alex

Hi Alex,

thank you very much for your answer.

I again missed the 'nodeSetConfig' settings. Now all icons are shown as intended.

Regarding the missing icons: It would be great to have more specialized icons like ATA, VoiceRouter, L3 Switch, ...

I already plan to register icons for Interface, Ethernet, ...

/Mathias

Mathias -

Would be nice if you follow up with your ideas to my email: alzverev@cisco.com. I believe you may have other thoughts and proposals, too.

Thank you!

- Alex