cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TRex - different traffic profiles for different port pairs

m.yost
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have one pair of ports use a specific traffic profile and then have another pair of ports use a different traffic profile?  For example, say I have a firewall with a DMZ, I want to emulate Internet clients connecting to a DMZ web server (port pair #1 with a HTTP traffic profile) but then I want to emulate the web server talking to a App Server or Database server on the inside (port pair #2 using some other traffic profile).

Is this possible to do?  If so, how?  I saw that you can assign specific client/server pools to specific traffic profiles, but how would I tell client/server pool #1 to use pair #1 and client/server pool #2 to use pair #2?

1 Reply 1

bdollma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is possible. Each start/update function in the SDK receives the ports as parameters, hence offers you the possibility to apply each traffic profile in any port you want. 

You said you wanted to use another traffic profile however for the second emulation, so why do you need to pair client/server pool to a port pair?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: