Views
Helpful
Replies

Using the "inherited" function when using strict mode

a.alhamali931
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to file an issue, but I didn't find a better place that this.

I have a code that is fully written in TypeScript.

TypeScript emits "use strict" into all the generated JavaScript files.

I was then using neXt to draw a topology, but I needed to use the inherited function. This function uses the "caller" attribute of the function prototype to find the base function and call it. However, caller is not allowed when using "use strict"

Is there another way to implement inherited maybe?

Thank you.

Regards,

3 Replies 3

alzverev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi AbdulRahman,

That must be a late response, but have you figured out what was the reason?

Thanks

Hello,

Unfortunately no, now, whenever I want to call inherited, I go instead to the parent class, take the code, and copy/paste it instead.

The problem is that the "caller" cannot be used in strict mode, so the implementation of inherited must be changed in order for it to work.

Btw, is the library even still under development? No replies have been received on the forum or the mailing list in months

Hi Abdul Rahman,

Thank you for the answer.

Yes, the development is active and the package will be included into the next release of OpenDaylight.

We are sorry for rare responses as we are snowed under with work at this point. I'll take care of answers on this forum shortly.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: