Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Yang Suite: gRPC Telemetry tool always use Localhost IP for Listening

I have tried to use the gRPC Telemetry tool from Yang Suite to capture Telemetry data from a router, but no matter which IP address i write on "Listen at IP Address" field, it use the localhost IP 127.1.0.1 to start the capturing. See image attached.

What can i do to make this work with the configured IP(192.168.56.141) ?

3 Replies 3

miott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe you are running yangsuite in a docker container.  The docker container has it's own network between container and the server/laptop the container is running on, and, the docker container has TCP ports mapped between the container and server/laptop in the docker-compose.yml file.

# gRPC MDT telemetry insecure port (IOS-XE)

- "57344:57344"

# gRPC MDT telemetry secure port (IOS-XE)

- "57345:57345"

If you have port 58588 as the telemetry port configured in the Cisco device, you need to add/modify that mapping in the docker-compose.yml file and run "docker-compose up --build".

The Cisco device should be configured to send telemetry to IP address of server/laptop running docker container, port 58588.

The telemetry stream will be fed to the server/laptop on TCP port 58588, the traffic from that port will be fed to the docker container, and yangsuite in the docker container will always listen on 127.0.0.1:58588.

Hi @miott , thank you for the reply. I clearly understand your point. In this case i'm not running a docker container, i'm using the Virtual Machine Candidate Workstation for the DevNet Expert Lab. Here YANG Suite has been predeployed, and the server is running by default. It seems to be running directly on the Ubuntu OS. See image attached.

jcohoe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael as discussed in DM, please review the /etc/hosts file and remove any extra line items that are conflicting - then when you restart the YANG Suite it will listen as needed