Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC Container Setup

longlh12
Level 1
Level 1

Hello dev team,

when creating application container request, my private UCSD lab shows me this error log:

Oct 30, 2017 10:59:12 UTC Selected resource group: test

Oct 30, 2017 10:59:12 UTC Container VM allocation failed with error No VCenter account information available inside vPOD for container creation

Oct 30, 2017 10:59:12 UTC Task: APIC Container Setup (Allocate APIC Container Resources) failed with error - Allocation failed, selectedContext=<None>

Oct 30, 2017 10:59:12 UTC Task #6 (APIC Container Setup (Allocate APIC Container Resources)) failed after 1 seconds

meanwhile the other log from dcloud lab - Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller 3.0 with UCS Director 6.5 v1:

Oct 30, 2017 08:19:54 UTC Selected resource group: RG-dCloud

Oct 30, 2017 08:19:54 UTC Selected vCenter: VMware, Selected DVSwitch: My-vCenter

- The resource group "test" in my private lab does has a Vcenter account.

- A pod with the same Vcenter acc and a ACI acc is aslo added to this resource group.

- The application container template is mapped to the workflow: "APIC Container Setup", just like the template in dCloud lab and this workflow is validated fine in my private lab

So my question is why i still have the above error when creating application container request, did i miss something?

thanks u guys su much for reading my question.

rgrds

6 Replies 6

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you add the vcenter account to a resource group?

Dear ogelbric

thanks you for replying my question, i did add the vcenter account to the resource group, i believe i've configured correctly, but the error is still there . Any solution here?

Best rgrds

this is my resource group so farCapture.PNG

Really hard to trouble shoot via this forum.

But here is a APIC management guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/ucs-director/doc-roadmap/b_UCSDirectorDocRoadmap.html#reference_DDF79B97A9D243DB8ACCBB29A824F5A4

Did you do all the steps in here?

dear ogelbric,

i've found it, i did not allocate the vcenter account for tenant's resource when onboarding it. THanks you so much for helping me.

Best rgrds.

I am glad it is working now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer