Views
Helpful
Replies

consequence of reseting mysql password

KAKA_2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I am trying to connect to mysql on ucsd using command "mysql -u admin --password=xxxxx db_private_admin -A" and i get below error.

mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

as a Password i have tried GUI Password, shelladmin Password and root Password. i am not sure if there was any other Password set.

on shelladmin i see a possibility to reset mysql Password but i ma not sure if there is any consequence of it.

Could someone please share his/her expertise on this matter?

Thanks in advance.

-KAKA-

2 Replies 2

arusrini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is there a reason you are connecting to the DB directly? Is it to check some entries?

I need to do custom reporting and was looking at example https://community.cisco.com/t5/ucs-director-documents/ucsd-sr-workflow-execution-time/ta-p/3646007 which eventually connect to DB and moreover it is always good to have Access on DB :)

-KAKA-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer