Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
chris.atkinson1
Community Member

With the release of Cisco Workload Optimization Manager 1.1 action items can now utilize UCS Director as a target for orchestration.  The following provides examples to demonstrate the intent of this functionality. Attached to this document you will find example workflows that also include custom tasks that converts and injects Cisco WOM parameters to the required UCSD input parameters for the respective workflows.  The examples provided cover host provisioning, host suspend, storage provisioning, storage resize and storage delete.  The examples provided can be added to existing UCSD workflows that you may already have to achieve these tasks.

Example Steps to add UCS Director orchestration for Host Provisioning:

In your UCS Director Console:

1. Import the attached UCS Director sample workflows into your UCS Director Instance.
  2. Open the newly imported Host Provisioning Sample Workflow
  3. Modify this workflow to conform to provisioning a host relevant to your environment
  4. You may test the workflow by providing static values relevant for your environment as you develop your workflow.  The screenshot below is an example of what that might look like and not actual parameters to use.  These parameters should reflect your environment.  See the UCSD Workflow parameters spreadsheet attached to this page to show all the potential parameters and appropriate formatting for testing.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 3.27.15 PM.png

In your Cisco Workload Optimization Manager console:

1. Navigate to the Settings tab and select Target Configuration
  2. Select Add Target
  3. Choose Target Category Orchestrator
  4. Select UCS Director
  5. Enter your UCS Director credentials and select Add
  6. Return to Settings and Select Policies
  7. Select + Automation Policy to add a new Automation Policy
  8. Select Host
  9. Name the Policy
  10. Add an existing Scope to limit what systems the new policy will act against
  11. Add an Automation Action of Provision and select Manual
  12. Add an Action Orchestration of Provision
  13. Select Run In UCS Director
  14. Click the Link Workflow and select the Host Provision workflow imported in step 1
  15. Click Save and Apply

You may repeat the above steps for the respective actions of:

Host Suspend  (Step 12 select Suspend)

Storage Provision (Step 8 select Storage)

Storage Resize (Step 8 select Storage, Step 12 select resize)

Storage Delete (Step 8 select Storage, Step 12 select delete)

Comments
Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I added it to the index…

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-56419

I am trying to connect UCSD 6.5 with WOM 1.1.3 and it is not able to connect thru the WOM. I have validated the UCSD credentials but no luck. I tried with both HTTP and HTTPS protocols for UCSD integration. Is there any log I can check for the errors.

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In UCSD you can tail –f the /opt/infra/inframgr/logfile.txt file

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links