|2.0||Uploaded newer version of workflow which is validated on UCS Director 5.2 release (Note: If workflow version 1.0 is already configured on UCS Director 5.1, it should work fine even after upgrading the UCS Director to 5.2)|
Create_New_VMAX_MaskView_for_ESXi_Cluster_On_Vblock_7XX (UCS Director 6.x Only)
This workflow creates a new Masking View for shared VMFS Datastore (FC) access on ESXi Cluster on Vblock 7XX Converged Stack. Before provisioning a new VMAX Mask View for an ESXi Cluster, this workflow checks the current RCM (Release Certification Matrix) score of the Vblock 7XX from VCE Vision IO and continues only if the RCM score is equal or greater than the defined score.
Compatible UCS Director Versions:
UCS Director 5.1 (Workflow Version 1.0)
UCS Director 5.2 (Workflow Version 1.0 and 2.0)
Virtualization, Compute, Network and Storage
Cisco UCS Director
VCE Vblock 7XX with Vision IO
- The Vblock 7XX Infrastructure components (VMware vCenter, Cisco UCSM, Cisco Nexus 5Ks, MDS Switches (If any), Cisco Nexus 1000v & EMC VMAX Storage Array) are added into UCS Director
- VCE Vision IO VM is deployed and configured on Vblock 3XX
- ThinPool on VMAX is pre-configured
- Note: This workflow meant to be used only for initial Masking View creation for an ESXi Cluster. While configuring the Masking View through this workflow, a Dummy Thin Device/LUN is created with the size of 5GB. This Dummy Thin Device can be deleted after adding first VMFS Datastore to ESXi Cluster. The Dummy Device is created because Masking View cannot be created without any mappable devices exist in the selected Storage Group.
Workflow Tasks Included:
- Get Compliance Score for a Vblock POD
- Select ESXi Cluster (Custom Task, it is imported along with the workflow)
- Create VMAX Initiator Group
- Create VMAX Port Group
- Create VMAX Thin Device
- Bind Thin Devices to VMAX Thin Pool
- Create VMAX Storage Group
- Add Thin Devices to VMAX Storage Group
- Create VMAX Masking View
The below user inputs should be provided by user after executing the workflow.
|User Input||User Input Description|
|VBLOCK_POD||Select Vblock 7XX POD for checking RCM Compliance Score|
|ESXI_CLUSTER||Select ESXi Cluster from drop-down to add VMFS Datastore|
The Admin Input values are pre-defined in the workflow by the admin user. Edit the Workflow properties, go to user inputs section and modify the below inputs appropriately.
|User Input|| User Input Description|
|MIN_VBLOCK_COMPLIANCE_SCORE||Enter minimum RCM compliance score for a Vblock.|
|VMAX_STORAGE_ACCOUNT||Select VMAX Account for Datastore Creation|
|VMAX_FC_TARGET_PORTS||Select VMAX SAN FC Target Ports for ESXi Cluster Datastores|
|VMAX_THIN_POOL_IDENTITY||Select the Thin Pool for binding dummy thin device|
Workflow Additional Configuration:
Instructions for Use:
- Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFDX file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
- Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFDX file resides. Choose the .WFDX file and click "Open".
- Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed, Then click "Next".
- Click "Import".
- A new folder called 'Vblock-7XX-Validated' should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information about the specific environment. (See Above)