Views
Helpful
Replies

TRAP settings with multiple phone system integration

chandra_827
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a requirement to record a greeting for a Call Handler for one of the site. While doing this I tried to launch the media master of the CH and send a call the user and got below error.

Could not establish a phone conversation to 8XXXXXXX.

The server fmcun001-pub.myserver.com reports the following:

Code: 5

Description: Phone Not Answering

The call is trying to complete with wrong switch and gets above error.

Then I have researched a little more and found that unity connection Version 8.5.1ES47.12024-47 is dialing the number and the call is trying to complete using the first in integration, where as the actual integrations is third in the list. I would like to know if there is a way we can select the call to go through a specific switch matching the rule as per restriction table or depending on the CH calling the number.

I know that I would make the user owner of the call handler and then ask him to administer the greeting, however the user does not want to go through the complex menu's.

I would request the team help to fix this TRAP issue.

Help is greatly appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have more than one phone system configured then just change the phone system to which the call handler is associated with. It's a drop-down in the CH settings.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

i have below default config..

what need to do for allow greeting play on phone..

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have more than one phone system configured then just change the phone system to which the call handler is associated with. It's a drop-down in the CH settings.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

i am also getting same error..

what to do to fix it and where is change option to change the phone system?

i am only have one phone system..

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Hi Amit,

The phone system option would be in the call handler basic page. However if you dont have multiple phone system integration, you may need to check the restriction table and you are dialing the allowed format of did / extension. In the screenshot that you are showing, the four digits needed to be allowed in restriction rule and the same digits once reach CUCM need to be either directly matched in CUCM DID or needs a translation rule to do the magic.

i have below default config..

what need to do for allow greeting play on phone..

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

i seen there lot of default rules..

what need to add to remove this error..

can someone share any configuration details with screenshot that might help..?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Hi Amit,

From your attachment, looks like you are dialing 4 digits. You need to make sure that the dialed number exactly matches in the call manager extensions. If there are any translation pattern to transform 4 digit to match the extension, make sure unity pilot or the port dialing back has the access to the partition of the translation pattern. That should fix your issue. Also check for the phone system selected in the call handler basic configuration page.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: