cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.4 Message Store Configuration Wizard

paul.goulding
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if the partner mail server has to be included in the Permissions Wizard Mail Store selection? I'm not planning on having subscribers on this server, but I have run into a problem with the Message Store Configuration Wizard, when I go through the wizard, it comes back with "Cisco Unity has not been properly installed" "Failed getting default mailbox store from directory monitor"

Has anyone come across this before?

Cheers

6 Replies 6

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have to assign permissions to the partner server. The Unity_ mailbox will reside there.

However I am not sure if you are getting this error on MSCW as a result of Perm. Wiz. Please let us know if rerunning Perm Wiz fixes the problem.

Yeah, tried running the Perm Wiz again, this time including the partner server, but the same problem persists. I'm going to apply E3SP1ENG on the Unity box to see if the fixes the problem, if that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

Thanks for the post

Open SQL Enterprise Manager, Databases, UnityDb, Tables. Right click on Configuration table and select "Return all rows". Is there any data?

Ok, tried this as suggested and it returned nothing. I've got a TAC case open now and it looks like a possible SQL error or something. I take it there should have been populated rows in that table?

Thanx for the post.

I ended up opening a TAC case, this turned out to be some problem where the install routine wasn't running the UnityConfigurationData.sql script. I found the script, copied the contents into notepad and then with the query analyser on the UnityDb database, I copied the script into the window and ran it. This populated the configuration table which you can now see the contents of in Enterprise Manager. I then re-ran the Message Server Configuration Wizard and it worked. Excllent work by the Sydney TAC.

Hi Paul

I had the same problem, opened I case in Tac, and I was waiting for the solution. Then I went to netpro and used your solution. IT WORKED.

Thanks for your solution

MP