Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 with Domino

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I need to install Unity with Domino for Voice messaging not unified messaging

I just need to know if I can make Unity as domain controller because I do not need it to be part of customer windows domain

But I have some questions:

1- Is it possible to leave Domino as Part of Customer Windows domain and Unity has it is own domain?

2- Can I create Users mail boxes from Unity directly?

3- If any body can tell me if what I need is possible so what is the advantages and disadvantages

Thanks in advanced

2 Replies 2

kvandeve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The Unity installation guide for Domino can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/correct_ig/7xcuigcrct.html#wp41829

Unity can be installed as its own DC or be part of a domain  with Domino as a member server  in the domain or Domino as standalon in WG
Users can only be imported into Unity from the Domino environment.
The backend needs to have been configured with both DUCS components CsAdmin and CsServer prior to bringing Unity into the equasion.
As far as the import is concerned, what happens is, UNITY impersonated by Unityadmin (part of the UnityServers group) makes a notes RPC call and makes an Adminstration Request 5001
(request gets dumped in the ucadmin4.nsf DB as an unrecognized 5001 request)
This gets picked up UCadminp who will make the necessary changes on the Mail File of the subscriber
Then users are imported into Unity.

I have plenty of info related to the  architecture and Domino integration.  Please feel free to let me know if you need anything specific.

thanks,

Kurt

thank you for your support Kurt

I am going to integrate unity with domino today

if I faced any problem I will ask you