Views
Helpful
Replies

how to localized system prompt in Unity

hunhoang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am UC SE based in Vietnam. My customer using Unity and they want to customize the system prompt in Vietnamese

please advise Cisco unity can do that and How ?

thanks

Hung Hoang

5 Replies 5

danjorda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We do not currently have Vietnamese prompts for Unity or Unity Connection. 

If the customer is looking to record their own system prompts understand that it is not supported and they will have to reinstall a supported prompt set if they need TAC assistance.  That being said the prompts are located in the following location

\CommServer\Localize\Prompts\<LANGUAGE>\G711

Again, this is not supported and is "at your own risk".

Dan

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your comment. Based on your comment I understand that we can customize the system prompt by recording by ourself as long as we accept to take risk and don't need support from TAC. is this correct ? I just want to know, technically, we can record the system prompt in any language and replace the default system prompt or not .

many thanks

hung

If you are willing to take the risk, you should know that these prompts are used by several scripts on Unity, so if you change the content of the file you might end up hearing something that makes no sence at some point, now if you change these I would recommend to record something as similar as possible to the original, and please notice that these might be overwritten if you upgrade the system.

Finally here is a doc I wrote about the subject:  https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15676

Please rate if the post is useful.

Christian Nuche.

PDI HD Team.

hi Christian,

many thanks for your guidance. I understood the risk and will let partner aware about it before doing customization.

the last question is, Can we request BU to support to build new version of Unity that can support Vietnamese

thanks

You may open a PER (product enhancement request), and if there is a strong business case or a lot of cases attached to the PER they might do it.

Christian Nuche.

PDI HD Team.