cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Park and retrieve function

holisticpetdoc
Level 1
Level 1

I will try to be as concise here as I can. I subscribe to Cox communications which has supplied my veterinary medical office with the SPA508G models. Installation was in 2018. The issue I am having is this: when we place a client/patient on hold, there is no audible beep reminder that we have left that caller on hold. When I had the system first installed, it wasn't an issue, because we were not that busy. Now, 4 years later, we are scrambling around everyday, and once we place a client on hold, we often just forget that they are there.  I have contacted Cox about this issue and they say that this is not a feature on the Cisco phones they provide. Is this correct? I have worked in a half dozen medical offices and every single one had a phone system that would give an audible beep when the caller was placed on hold to remind everyone that a call was still waiting. Cox has not been helpful at all. After about 10 days of trying to get an answer, and failing, I thought I would reach out to the experts on this board. Thank you for  your time. 

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately, you answered your question by self. You said:

1. every single one had a phone system that would give an audible beep when the caller was placed on hold to remind everyone that a call was still waiting

2. Cox ... say that this is not a feature on the Cisco phones they provide

In short, you have no system supporting the feature you are requesting. There's nothing you can do with it but change of system you are using. Replace Cox system by a system that will satisfy your demand.

Yes, I know it's not the answer you wished for, but phone can't support the feature that's not supported by upstream call control system.