Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G Provisioning or Issue

Hi all -

New to the PBX world so please bear with me.  I am new to a company that used Yealink devices.  Besides adding the MAC into the cloud based phone system, all I had to do was add the URL to the phone for it to provision.  To save on costs, I purchased some Cisco POE phones that I am not having any luck with.  Hoping someone can help.

1.  When browsing to the phone, I do not have any ability to login to admin.

2.  The phone boots up and gets an IP but just sits on "Downloading" three different CNF files and it cycles through those three, never moving on.

Since the Yealink devices move through downloading steps just fine, what is going on here?  I directly connected it to our modem, bypassing the firewall and it had the same issue.  I tried multiple phones.  Is there some type of TFTP server I have to setup somewhere or should it be able to do it on its on once it has internet?  Since this did not have to be done on the Yealink devices, I am confused.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
11 Replies 11

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Whats the exact value of PID VID printed on the sticker on bottom of the phone ?

Dan -

That is SPA504G V03.

Thanks

It's retail unit not the RC (OEM) one. So far so good.

Now - what you mean "When browsing to the phone, I do not have any ability to login to admin." ?

You tried default password and it's claimed wrong ? Or the unit is not in factory-default configuration and you don't know the current (non-default) password ? In the second case just reset unit to factory default and try again.

Dan -

There is no admin login link to click on.  It should be in the upper right but there is nothing there.  I tried several browsers and it is not there for multiple phones.  It's almost like it must download these CNF files first before I can get to login as admin. 

Thanks

It looks the phone is runing in SPCP mode. Read Cannot convert call control protocol from SPCP to SIP

Dan!! This did it, thank you.  I imagine this will be helpful to alot others who are purchasing these devices off of Amazon.  Thanks again!

Dan -

After changing to SIP, I was able to login and add the URL for our provisioning service.  After a reboot, I am in business.  Is there anyway to have these devices automatically connect to our provisioning service without all the manual steps?  Do I have to load each one with a config file?  I am thinking it might be easier to just do all the manual steps for each phone.

Thanks again.

It's possible to configure virgin phone via DHCP option. Read here, ask in doubt.

Virgin phone is never configured to SPCP mode. I assume you got a phone that has been sold previously to someone else, then returned to Amazon then sold to you. But no one has reverted it to factory default configuration.

George.Savv
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all, I want to ask if it’s possible to use this line of ip phones (504,508,514 etc) with 3cx cloud pbx without any vpn setup.

It's unrelated to the issue discussed in this thread. Sorry.