cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Button Assignments / removing from existing groups

focusonit
Level 1
Level 1

I have a bunch of SPA500s that the client would like to tidy up; ie they would like to move some of the existing buttons to new locations as well as removing some that are not being used.

CCA3.1.1 is requesting that I remove the extensions from the blast group before I can make any changes.

1. This would be a huge pain as there are multiple groups and it would stop the groups working while the changes were made

2. Is there a way i can delete the current button asignments from the phone - as I can add new ones easily?

If deleted via CLI would I be risking anything - just deleting the button programming?

3. Does the blast group really have anything to do with a buttons asignment programming - cant see how it would?

5 Replies 5

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tim,

1. How many phones are we talking about here? Is it too many to do one-by-one??

2. Changing the button assignment via CLI is easy to do and probably the quickest way to do it, since you cannot do any damage or break CCA this might be your best option as CCA will throw that error up most times (You can get around it), but way too much effort.

3. No but the DN does, and CCA may delete the DN when making the change if the change is significant enough, so as a precaution it wont let you make the change whilst it is still associated, just in case it has to recreate the whole DN from scratch.

Again CLI will allow you to make the changes quickly with minimal disruption, but I didn't tell you to do that, lets just keep it between you and I LOL

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

What's the cli command to delete the ref for the button?

Ie I want to delete buttons 9 through 40 on each of the sidecars

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Tim,

Under the ephone (not the ephone-dn) you will see button configuration

there, first copy this configuration to a text file as a backup.

Then in executive mode use the "no button 1w2 2w3 3w4 etc..etc" you have to

first remove it before you can replace it, make the changes in the text

file it is easier then doing it on the command line - just paste it over.

Process is as follows (example only):

Conf t

ephone 1 ( double space the 1)

no button 1w2 2w3 3w4

Then do the process again but this time adding it back in with the right

configuration (just drop the "no" when adding it back in)

Good luck

Cheers,

David.

"Sent from my Acer Iconia A500"

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

So I should be OK to delete all the side car buttons using the no command then end then refresh the CCA users and phones and then re-configure the sidecars?

Hi Tim,

CCA might bork at this, give it a shot and see how you go, if it doesn't work then reinstate it via command line, if you get stuck I can remote into your computer and help you out, we can do it ninja style so support would never know the difference

Cheers,

David.