Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

Cisco CME

A3XN
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CME device working.

Sometimes phones can't find preloaded audios or XML links... perhaps degradation by time. 

1.- Are there any CLI commands that help CME cache the routes used by IP phones (before assigning phone IPs)?

2.- Is there a CLI command that proves the existence of audios stored in CME?

Thanks for the help

1 SOLUCIÓN ACEPTADA

Soluciones aceptadas

A3XN
Level 1
Level 1

After solving the problem, I came to the conclusion that the limitation is the free memory of CME.

Example:

Usage Degradation Error... Audios need to be updated for IP phones to recover from errors  (no sounds)  

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

7 RESPUESTAS 7

I'm not sure I'm clear on what you are referring to with "preloaded audios" Do you mean music on hold from flash on the router?

As for 'cache the routes used by phones', traffic to and from phones is routed like any other IP traffic on the router. If the CME part of the configuration (voice service global - or - telephony-service) is retained, the phones and the router will figure out what to do on their own. If you have Cisco Unity Express, the same is true as long as that portion of the configuration remains.

I'm not sure if I'm answering the question you are asking. Can you elaborate?

Maren

------------------

No estoy seguro de tener claro a qué te refieres con "preloaded audios". ¿Te refieres a música en espera desde la memoria flash del enrutador?

En cuanto a "cache the routes used by phones", el tráfico hacia y desde los teléfonos se enruta como cualquier otro tráfico IP en el enrutador. Si se conserva la parte CME de la configuración (voice service global - or - telephony-service), los teléfonos y el enrutador descubrirán qué hacer por sí solos. Si tiene Cisco Unity Express, lo mismo ocurre siempre que esa parte de la configuración permanezca.

No estoy seguro de responder la pregunta que haces. ¿Puedes elaborar?

Maren

Thanks but I don't mean that

I have XML that activates other links that contain audios and more options such as cleaning calls, view images, etc. but with voice effects (for each action), all this is stored in the CME flash.

With the months noticed they start to fail (there is no sound on some IP phone {random error}, sometimes restarting CME fixes but most of the time it doesn't)

Okay. Does the XML code execute via "telephony-service" configuration, or is the XML an IP Phone Service, or did you insert the XML into the phone's XML file (and, presumably, execute "create cnf-files" under telephony-service)?

What you are doing sounds really interesting! I'm hoping at some point in the discussion I get to see your config so I can see exactly what you are doing.

Maren

-------------------------

Bueno. ¿El código XML se ejecuta a través de la configuración del telephony-service, o es el XML un IP Phone Service, o insertó el XML en el archivo XML del teléfono (y, presumiblemente, ejecutó "create cnf-files" en telephony-service)? ?

¡Lo que estás haciendo suena realmente interesante! Espero que en algún momento de la discusión pueda ver tu configuración para poder ver exactamente lo que estás haciendo.

Maren

That's right, it executes the code from the XML stored in CME. Telephony has been working well for two years... A month ago it started to fail... and I have no way for CME to update XML or audio links or test links in such a way that it corrects errors for not finding files

In fact from IP phones I control illuminated signs and lamps

And if I add a server again (currently under maintenance), there is a real-time calendar, giant clock, maps, etc.

Unfortunately I can't share codes... maybe some screenshots or links to videos... That will be for later

I've already gotten off topic.

I see that what I'm asking for is not a common topic

Thanks anyway

A3XN
Level 1
Level 1

Call sounds and "music on hold" always work well

A3XN
Level 1
Level 1

by the way, I use Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) on IP telephony

A3XN
Level 1
Level 1

After solving the problem, I came to the conclusion that the limitation is the free memory of CME.

Example:

Usage Degradation Error... Audios need to be updated for IP phones to recover from errors  (no sounds)