cancel
Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

Phone no registered CP-8945

dcuellar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have problems registering my Cisco phone in my PBX, I already installed the FW, but I don't know how to configure it with the IP address of my PBX.

On the website it only allows me to view.

Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-01-02 a las 12.41.46_63fd053d.jpg

3 RESPUESTAS 3

Hi

Check this links:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cp-8945-phone-not-registered/td-p/2785312

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChUQL8zV82w

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Thanks Julio.

Can the phone be configured without a SW?

Can the phone be configured without a SW?

If by "SW" you mean 'can the phone be configured without a switch', meaning a phone switch - that is your PBX. A Cisco phone running open standard SIP firmware can register to non-Cisco PBXes. However, the picture you are showing is an 8945 phone running SIP 9-2-2-0 firmware which looks like Enterprise (CUCM-only) firmware to me. The 8945 phone was End Of Life for Cisco about two years ago. There is no ability to convert it to open standard SIP firmware as far I know, as the firmware is no longer available on Cisco's website. 

If by "SW" you mean "Can the phone be configured without changing the software", see the previous answer. However, Asterisk and some other open-source PBX makers can interoperate with some phones using Enterprise firmware. Whether your PBX can do so I do not know.

If by "SW" you mean "Can the phone be configured without being connected via a switch", the answer is yes. Information such as VLAN and even IP information can be manually entered on the phone in the Settings Menu. Access the Settings Menu, access the Admin Settings and then Ethernet Setup (Or maybe Network Setup and then IPv4 setup?). If there is no ability to make changes, try pressing the key sequence * * # which may unlock the menu. (I am doing this from memory as the Administration Guide is no longer available.)

I hope this was helpful.

Maren