Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL Premium License for ASA

Philip91
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

i have a request that i need new SSL Premium VPN licenses for an ASA 5510 running Software Version 8.4.4. I recognized that the old licenses (per concurrent SSL connection) are EoS and i need to purchase the new AnyConnect 4.x Licenses for SSL RAS VPN. My question is what exactly do i have to order to get my SSL RAS VPN running again? Are the the new AC licenses working with an ASA running the SW 8.4.4? Can i use AnyConnect 3.x clients with the 4.x licenses or do i have to upgrade to AC4.x?

Thanks for help!! 

Greetings Philip

3 Replies 3

> Are the the new AC licenses working with an ASA running the SW 8.4.4?

Yes

> Can i use AnyConnect 3.x clients with the 4.x license?

Yes

>My question is what exactly do i have to order

You find all information in the AnyConnect Ordering Guide.

Basically, you now need to know how many users (beating hearts, not concurrent) will use AnyConnect (they need a Plus License) and how many of them will also need advanced features like clientless (they need the APEX license).

Example: You have 900 VPN Users of which all use AnyConnect, but the 15 CxOs also use clientless. If you want to license for five years, you need these licenses:

• L-AC-PLS-5YR-G, AC-PLS-5YR-1K-S
  • L-AC-APX-5YR-G, AC-APX-5YR-25-S

Although your ASA can only terminate 250 connections at the same time (max concurrent), you still need the 1000 licenses for AnyConnect.

Hi Karsten,

Q: Do zombies consume an AC license (or just brains)? :)

Frohes neues Jahr!

Hi Marvin,

A: It depends. For all human zombies (staff that comes to work Monday morning and you think they are not living at all) you need a license. For real zombies, I'm not sure. The last zombies got already fired at AC3 times because they didn't accept the 9to5 work-times. ;-)

Happy new year for you too!