cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn-framed-ip-address not working with anyconnect

saul.ciscocco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks, please help me to verify if this case is a bug or a "not valid scenario".

Scenario:
ASA 5520, OS 9.1, SSL VPN with Anyconnect v3.x, static ip address for the client, and RSA token authentication (all the users/pin/passwords are in the RSA server, not in the ASA, but i need to create some users in the ASA in order to apply the vpn-framed-ip-address attribute for specific users).

In fact the anyconnect ssl vpn with RSA auth works fine, the ssl connection works, the user is authenticated, the anyconnect works, traffic passing,  BUT.. the anyconnect its getting an ip address from the ip local pool INSTEAD of the static ip defined with the  vpn-framed-ip-address command.
I'm trying to assign a static ip address for a user (defined locally on the ASA) that performs auth via RSA (aaa-server), by using the  vpn-framed-ip-address  command as an attribute for this local user. But it seems the command is not working.

Already I´ve tried to resolve (with no success) by entering the
no vpn-addr-assign aaa
no vpn-addr-assign dhcp
vpn-addr-assign local

Also i´ve tried by removing the pool from tunnel-group in order to force all the connection session to use the static ip address, but in this case, the anyconnect sends a message "No Address Available for SVC Connection".  Meaning the ASA simply is ignoring the  vpn-framed-ip-address command.
Its supposed the ASA implement the policies in this order, DAP > User policy > UserGrp policy > ConnProfile > DefGrpPolicy, and according to this, the vpn-framed-ip-address command should take effect first since its specified as User policy, overriding everything else. But its not working.

At this point i think the issue is... since the user is locally defined but its password its being authenticated via RSA (not local), the user attributes (static ip) are being ignored by the ASA because its not expecting to receive an ip address from the aaa server (RSA), so jumps to the next policies falling to the pool. Anyway the user policies attributes SHOULD work according to cisco.

Please your advise, or tell if its a bug? or a not valid scenario for this command to work with the ASA.
This is the current config:

ip local pool PoolSSL 192.168.229.10-192.168.229.19 mask 255.255.255.0
aaa-server RSA protocol sdi
aaa-server RSA (inside) host 192.168.12.1
 retry-interval 5
no vpn-addr-assign aaa
no vpn-addr-assign dhcp
group-policy GroupPolicyABC internal
group-policy GroupPolicyABC attributes
 wins-server none
 dns-server value 192.168.61.1 192.168.61.2
 vpn-tunnel-protocol ssl-client
 group-lock value TunnelGroupABC
 split-tunnel-policy tunnelspecified
 split-tunnel-network-list value ServersDB
 default-domain value my.domain.com
 split-tunnel-all-dns disable
 webvpn
  anyconnect ask none default anyconnect
username USER1 password xHhacRZ56Uadqoq encrypted
username USER1 attributes
 vpn-framed-ip-address 192.168.229.7 255.255.255.0
 group-lock value TunnelGroupABC
tunnel-group TunnelGroupABC type remote-access
tunnel-group TunnelGroupABC general-attributes
 address-pool PoolSSL
 authentication-server-group RSA
 default-group-policy GroupPolicyABC
tunnel-group TunnelGroupABC webvpn-attributes
 group-alias AccessToDB enable

I´ll wait for your answers, regards!

2 Replies 2

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtf71671/

you need AAA assignment, or at least you needed to have it a couple of years back. 

Matej Rehak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just solved this issue for me. You need two things to set:

1) vpn-framed-ip-address for specific user, can use also IP from existing pool

2) vpn-addr-assign aaa - via ASDM it is under Address Assignemenet/Assignement Policy

and this give your user static IP you choose for him, if using local DB for authentication, even you have another AAA group for example for admin authentication via company TACACS+