Helpful
Replies

after vpn connection not able to access lan

singh.santosh
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i'll give u complete environment.

we donot have a different subnet for vpn clients,we are using class c ip addres 192.168.0.50, this is Nat with a public ip address .Without vpn client we are able to browse and access lan through isa proxy server but when we run cisco vpn client we not able access our lan network,this nat configuration is being done on our 515 E pix.

pl. provide further assistance.

1 Reply 1

majunior882
Level 1
Level 1

I have just went through that same pain. Some of the eariler versions of the PIX OS on the 515 had a bug. If you have it under warrenty or what not you can call Cisco and they will talk you through it, but since you probably don't want to go down that route, Cisco can't provide you with much help.

Here is what I did. I static mapped the VPN network on the outside interface of the firewall

static (outside,inside) 192.168.0.50 192.168.0.50 netmask 255.255.255.x

What you can do to test it is turn on the debug command for the icmp

debug icmp trace

With the debug on, the firewall will display the reply command since it probably isn't set up so that it can be displayed on the computer.

After you verify that you have connection with the ping, then all you need to do is create acls for whatever you want to permit in, such as telnet.