Views
Helpful
Replies

Amending the Company name on the AnyConnect GUI

GarPoon40479
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is it possible to amend the "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" label on the anyconnect user interface as highlighted in my screenshot? I've been through the documentation and it doesn't seem to illustrate whether this was possible. My manager has asked me to customize it so it just has our company name - along with our logos, which I know how to achieve.

I've tried creating a transform form on the installation MSI and also using resource explorer on the VPNUI.exe, along with a search through the registry - so I suspect Cisco has hard coded the name into the compiled binary? He has come across fully AT&T branded versions of the AnyConnect client, but I would hazard a guess that Cisco may have compiled those specific versions for their large enterprise clients?

Our Network guy has sent me the customization template from the ASA, but these look like they're for specific messages within the VPN as oppose to the window title.

Any advice is welcome!

2 Replies 2

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

To be honest, i never had such specific customization request but quite sure you can't do that.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame