Views
Helpful
Replies

any connect iPad/iPhone

Kris Wolton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer that would like the iPad/iPhone any connect app. Is there a way of forcing a timeout of the VPN just for iPad/iPhone users without affecting the main policy for desktop users? For security reasons they want connections terminated on mobile devices after a set time.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

4 Replies 4

Todd Pula
Level 7
Level 7

Your customer can look at configuring a separate VPN group for the iPad/iPhone users on which you can apply a max connect timeout. 

Todd

Thanks Todd, is there a way of forcing them to use this policy? I know in the windows any connect client they can select it. I want to give the same user a different policy for their mobile device to their desktop. Is that possible?

Hi Kris,

You can assign different group policies to same users on the basis of OS of the platform from which they are connecting. This diffrentiation is done by DAP which will decide which group policy is to be pushed when connecting from PC or from IPAD.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rohan

Hi,

That is exactly what I'm looking for, do you have any tips on setting this up as I am fairly new to asa's? Cisco tac said the only way it was possible was by certificates or user profiles, however neither is practical for this installation.