Views
Helpful
Replies

Any Connect License for Mobile

cryptowavecisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I've got a couple of ASA5525-X units with premium VPN licenses, now when I connect with the Any Connect client for Androind. I get the message that I have No License. 

I found an older thread on this forum that suggest that if you have a Premium VPN license you should be able to request a Mobile base license as well but I'm unable to find where I can do this or if this information is correct.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Boris Uskov
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Later you had to order an additional license, which was called "AnyConnect for Mobile" in order to use mobile devices to connect via Anyconnect.

But in 2015 the licensing schema for Anyconnect was changed. Today, "AnyConnect for Mobile" license is out-of-date license. I'm not sure, if it is possible to order this license today.

According to new licensing schema, you should migrate from Anyconnect Premium license to a new license, called "Anyconnect Apex". With new license "Anyconnect Apex" you don't need to have "AnyConnect for Mobile" anymore. The mobile devices will be able to connect using Anyconnect client.

The migration from Anyconnect Premium to Anyconnect Apex is free of charge.

But, please, pay an attention, the new licenses are subscriptions. So, after the migration to Apex licenses, you'll get a subscription for 3 years. After 3 years you'll have to renew your subscription, and it won't be free of charge.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Boris Uskov
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Later you had to order an additional license, which was called "AnyConnect for Mobile" in order to use mobile devices to connect via Anyconnect.

But in 2015 the licensing schema for Anyconnect was changed. Today, "AnyConnect for Mobile" license is out-of-date license. I'm not sure, if it is possible to order this license today.

According to new licensing schema, you should migrate from Anyconnect Premium license to a new license, called "Anyconnect Apex". With new license "Anyconnect Apex" you don't need to have "AnyConnect for Mobile" anymore. The mobile devices will be able to connect using Anyconnect client.

The migration from Anyconnect Premium to Anyconnect Apex is free of charge.

But, please, pay an attention, the new licenses are subscriptions. So, after the migration to Apex licenses, you'll get a subscription for 3 years. After 3 years you'll have to renew your subscription, and it won't be free of charge.

I have just checked the availability of "free of charge" migration licese (L-AC-APX-M-3YR-G=) in Cisco Commerce Workspace, and it seems, that migration license is also not available anymore. I advice you to check this information with your official reseller.

For more information, please, see the Ordering Guide for Anyconnect:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/security/anyconnect-og.pdf

Boris - the free migration offer expired 31 December 2015.

Note that both AnyConnect Plus and Apex license levels include mobile device licensing.

The primary reasons one would go to the Apex license level are to use clientless SSL VPN and Posture Assessment (similar to the old Advanced Endpoint Assessment separate license).

Also, the available terms are 1, 3 and 5 years. Plus is available as a perpetual license at a cost slightly more than a 5 year term.

Marvin, thanks a lot for your additions!