cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect 3.0 Win7 SBL issue?

tpeckman
Level 1
Level 1

I want to provide my users with a single-sign-on experience from Windows/AnyConnect so that Active Directory can process GPO's, logon scripts, password updates etc.  But I cannot get a SSO to work.

The only way I have been able to get this to work is if the user manually invokes the connection via the "Network Connect" icon on the signon screen first and then signs on to the computer.  I was under the impression that with the PLAP we could simply login and VPN would connect first and then process the login with Active Directory.

Is this correct?  If so, what am I missing?

I have setup a Windows 7 client and ASA (8.4(1)) as per the instructions given in the client administration guide.  I have tried using certificates and a simple AAA authentication method.  I can get either method to work manually but not by simply clicking the username from the sign on screen and logging in with their password.  I do see the little AnyConnect icon next to each username on the signon screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Troy

3 Replies 3

Shilpa Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Troy,

As far as the SBl is concerned in case of windows vista and win 7, it uses PLAP feature. The following is link for more information:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00809f0d75.shtml

Please find the following link for SBL , in case of win 7, with screen shots:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect22/administration/guide/22admin4.html#wp1006226

So we need to click the network connect icon for SBL to work.

I hope it helps.

Divya Nair
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
SSO to AD along with Start-Before-Login(PLAP)not supported yet. An enhancement reuest has been files for this.

miklos.andrasi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Divyanai,

Is there any update about this solution, or is it on roadmap still?

Regards,

Miki

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: