Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect and DHCP Assignment

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

We are using Cisco AnyConnect on ASA (9.6). Users are authenticated with LDAP, and group membership determines which group-policy is assigned (through an LDAP attribute map), and the user is assigned an IP address from a local pool (specified user the group-policy).

Now, we wish to assign client IPs from a DHCP server, but an issue is we want to use a different DHCP server based on the group-policy assigned to the user. The DHCP server appears to be specified in the tunnel-group (we have a generic one for all users), and all the group-policy does is provide a hint as to which scope to use on the DHCP server (dhcp-network-scope).

Is there any way to specify differnet DHCP servers for different user-groups? What I don't know is if multiple DHCP servers are specified in the tunnel-group configuration, will they be queried in turn (as a potential workaround)?

Cheers,

Matt

1 Reply 1

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't think there is any way to specify different DHCP servers based on group-policy. I tried to check if a Radius attribute would help push a DHCP server attribute, but looks like only "DHCP scope" attribute can be pushed by the Radius server.

The multiple DHCP server should work if you specify your network scope correctly. Are all the DHCP servers reachable to all the users? This may be a problem if the first DHCP server responds back with an error rather than not respond back.