Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect client auto-update not working

Hello community, 

This worked before in my testing when I manually edited the anycoonect profile file on my local computer only, but is no longer working. I have Auto Update configured in a profile and had that profile downloaded form the asa on connection. I confirmed the profile was in fact downloaded to my client machine (Windows). I can see that when I connect to the VPN the logs on my anyconnect client show 

The AnyConnect Downloader is performing update checks..  Then a few entries down shows.

The AnyConnect Downloader updates have been completed.

Howevere I never see anything try to downlaod/install and my client version statys the same. Windows anyconnect logs show the below. so it apperas to be checking but not doing anything. 

List of installed modules before update:
VPNCore 4.10.03104
List of installed modules after update:
VPNCore 4.10.03104

My ASA config:  

anyconnect image disk0:/anyconnect-win-arm64-4.10.05085-webdeploy-k9.pkg 1
anyconnect profiles XXXXXX disk0:/AutoUpdate.xml
anyconnect enable

group-policy GroupPolicy_XXXXXX attributes

webvpn
                 anyconnect profiles value XXXXXX type user

client profile. 

<AutoUpdate UserControllable="true">true</AutoUpdate>

AnyConnectLocalPolicy.xml

<BypassDownloader>false</BypassDownloader>

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

Saurabh Dhakate
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please check if you are hitting CSCvy79511. This is fixed in 4.10.05095 version of AnyConnect. 

Hello Saurabh,  

Thanks, 

But the attached bug seems to be the opposite issue. I want my client to update but it will not update. The bug  is 

AnyConnect 4.10 still updates even if AutoUpdate is set to "false" in the profile

Oh gotcha. My bad for misunderstanding. 

Is update issue only specific to modules? I see you have Windows ARM package uploaded on the ASA. Are you sure you have ARM machine on which you are performing this test?

<AutoUpdate UserControllable="true">true</AutoUpdate>
are this meaning the UserControllable is enable ? if yes please disable it and try again.

• Auto UpdateWhen checked, enables the automatic update of the client. If you check User Controllable, the user can override this setting in the client.

@MHM Cisco World   <AutoUpdate UserControllable="true">true</AutoUpdate>  That setting is correct for what I need. Yes the first True means a user can contorl whether the AUto-update is disbaled or enabled for them or not. The second true is enableding auto-update. I have tried with and without user controllable enabled (<AutoUpdate UserControllable="false">true</AutoUpdate>)  and get the same result.