Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect client in Windows Server with Multiple RDP users

newciser
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

My company is switching from multiple VMs to Multiple Users Windows Server environment. 

While AnyConnect was working fine in individual VMs, it seems not working in Multiple User server environment. An error message popped up as "Cisco AnyConnect failed to start, It is already running in another user's session.".

Is there a way we can share the same connection - or - allow each user to establish their own connection?

Thank you in advance.

A.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Review this thread : https://community.cisco.com/t5/vpn/cisco-anyconnect-failed-to-start-it-is-already-running-in/td-p/3857280

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

newciser
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you @marce1000 

I am having different issues with the linked post. I am using AnyConnect which I assume is an updated version of secure client (Am I wrong?). I have multiple work-from-home RDP users who need to connect to the server during office hours, some of these users will need to access a service provider via AnyConnect. I have AnyConnect installed on the server, however, when one user has opened the AnyConnect client app, others will receive the above error message when they try to open the app.

So, my questions
1) Can AnyConnect support multiple users (Shared) or allow mutil-sessions (each users use their own session)?
2) If not, is there a way to allow the use case?

Thank you.

Only one client at a time can use AnyConnect (now known as Secure Client) on a given computer.