cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect / Home Network Issue?

KeefG76
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon all, hoping somebody can help where my companies IT have failed so far!

Up until 2 weeks ago I had a company laptop that ran XP that had no issues with connectivity, 2 weeks ago I had it replaced with a machine running Win7 and Cisco Anyconnect, the first day I ha the laptop I connected it to my home network which connected me to our email servers, I then connected to Anyconnect to get access into the company servers to connect to programs i use. I then went out for a short while during which time the laptop went to sleep, when i woke it up it would no longer connect to email or Anyconnect however I could use the internet fine.  Anyconnect was stating 1) connection attempt has failed, 2) no valid certificates and finally 3) connection attempt has failed due to a network or PC issue.

I then had to tether my iPad connection to get connected to email etc, and the following day this also wouldnt connect.  For the next 2 weeks I had occasions when my home network would connect, then it wouldnt, and also times the iPad would connect and then fail to do so.

On Friday I received a brand new laptop also with Win7 on, i connected it to my home network on Monday morning and all was fine, but now exactly the same has happened again.  I was tethered to my iPad earlier but on trying to reconnect after being out of the house this too has failed.

Does anybody have any ideas on what I can try to solve this puzzling issue?

4 Replies 4

GioGonza
Level 4
Level 4

Hello @KeefG76,

After reading your concern, we need to do the following: 

1. We need to get the DART file for Anyconnect in order to review the connection that worked and the one that didn´t, hopefully if you didn´t delete the logs everything shoudl be there. 

2. Get the file for both laptops and upload them here, if possible.

3. After this I can check the attempts and verify what happens with the connection. 

HTH

Gio

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version of AnyConnect have they provided for you?

I ask becasue Cisco recommends migrating off of any pre-4.4 release.

Do you have the ability to upgrade to a current AnyConnect like 4.5.02033 or 4.4.04030?

I've got version 3.1.05187 and i dont have the ability to upgrade, software installation is controlled by our IT.

All of the afternoon yesterday i couldn't get connected to VPN or email server on my home network or iPad, booted my laptop up this morning and connected straight away through my home network, the laptop went to sleep as i was away from it and on wake up it will not connect again?!?!?

How weird?

That's a very old version of Anyconnect with a significant number of bugs fixed since then. Still, the basic fucntionality should work unless you are hitting a specific bug.

Can you tell us what your home subnet is and, when you connect on VPN, what subnets show up as being routed via VPN? (You can see this by clicking the gear icon in the AnyConnect user interface.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: