Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect macOS No valid certificates available for authentication

mhanus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 4.10.00093 on macOS Monterey 12.4. I still getting error - No valid certificates available for authentication. I have uploaded my client certificate to login and system keychain.

Is there anything I should do to get VPN client work?

I also tried to set <AutomaticCertSelection>false</AutomaticCertSelection> to display certificate selection dialog but nothing happen.

Thanks,

Marek

8 Replies 8

Hi,

Make sure that AnyConnect client has the permission to access the keystore.
(This is done from system preferences > security and privacy > privacy). If
you uninstall anyconnect then reinstall you can grant permission.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

Hi Mohammed,

thanks for your advice.

I am not asked to grant permission during installation. I am only asked to allow socket filtering extension.

Also, there is no possibility to grant access to Keychain in privacy. There is no Keychain at all.

I set "Allow all applications to access this item" for my certificate's private key but not helped.

Marek

Hi Mohammed,  I have this same issue and I am following your instructions to this path:  system preferences > security and privacy > privacy.  I don't see anything in the Privacy tab that relates to Anyconnect.  Can you explain more?

mhanus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have converted client certificate to pem/key and copied to /Users/user/.cisco/certificates/client and /Users/user/.cisco/certificates/client/private to get VPN working.

Still I do not understand why the client cant load certificates from Keychain. I also have own root CA in Keychain. Web browser is able to accept this root CA but AnyConnect not. There is no an error about access to Keychain in system log.

Marek

I do not see the client/private path on my machine and I am having this same issue.

The app cannot access the keychain but I can choose the cert and it workson web browser

You need to create new ones:

​            mkdir -p /Users/$USER/.cisco/certificates/ca

mkdir -p /Users/$USER/.cisco/certificates/client

mkdir -p /Users/$USER/.cisco/certificates/client/private

then copy your certificates there. This worked for me. I also had to convert my client pfx certificate to pem and key.

I only have the files as .cer can I convert those? If so how?

I think there is a lots of examples in the internet.

You can open your files and check if they are in DER or PEM format. If the files' content starts with something like "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----"  it is PEM format and you can only change theirs extension to .pem.

If your files are in DER, you can use for example "openssl x509 -inform der -in certificate.cer -out certificate.pem".