Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Microsoft Teams & Skype Packet loss

philipvoceehs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We're having some issues since deploying the AnyConnect VPN with users reporting poor call quality and packet loss on Microsoft Teams and over Skype both audio and video calls?

Is there anything we can try or tweak on our ASA and AnyConnect settings to improve this? We have 900/100 down/up at the office and performing speedtests on the VPN from my home for example I get 100/100 so bandwidth isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

tvotna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Is that possible that your ASA (or FTD) model cannot handle the load? Check "show cpu detail" and drops which are displayed per-session in the "show vpn-sessiondb detail anyconnect". The "filter name" option allows to select single username to show VPN session info. Also, ensure that session uses DTLS as a transport (in case you use TLS/DTLS and not IKEv2).

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@philipvoceehs 

I'm assuming that you not using split-tunnel, so try to not inspect (L7) that traffic on the firewall. Probably using split-tunnel for that traffic will alleviate the sympton if it SaaS based.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

Hi Ruben, yeah we aren't using split tunnel as to access some of our devices we need to present our connected systems from our office based IP address.