Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect not working after ASA firmware update

Heiko Kelling
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we have updated our ASA 5515 to version 9.5(2)2 and now anyconnect from our devices no longer works.

If I try to connect from my Samsung Smartphone I get the following message "connection attempt failed".

Is there any known issue that can cause this problem?

If it is useful I can send the debug log of my smartphone.

Thank you.

17 Replies 17

Hello,

problem is solved. We have have created a new cert for Anyconnect and everything is working fine.

Thank you!

David Castro F.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Heiko,

Make sure to share both logs from the Samsung smartphone and the ASA, now just to make sure the ASA is the faulty device or not, can you try to connect from the Inside of your network to the Anyconnect Using the Inside interface IP address, on this case you will need to enable it this way:

webvpn
enable inside

Also if this does not work, try another port for TLS and DTLS please such as 4443 , also make sure, the proper SSL ciphers are enabled since you are in an upgraded version, I would recommend go ahead and enable all of the ciphers and if that works disable the others that are not necessary, you may find further information here:

- http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa93/asdm73/vpn/asa-vpn-asdm/vpn-asdm-ssl.pdf

Please proceed to rate and mark as correct this respond if it helped you, keep me posted!

Best Regards,

David Castro,

adelabaldric86
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have any problems using the router app on your smart phone? You don’t need to be concerned more concerning this. The help staff will help you when you have almost any issues with accessing the router setup page via the Ip 192.168.0.1.