Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect package install error on ASA

johng231
Level 3
Level 3

Hello

I'm trying to install the anyconnect package on an ASA 5510 running version 9.0.1.

I'm getting the following error:

labfwpix(config-webvpn)#anyconnect image disk0:/anyconnect-win-3.1.01065-k9.pkg

copying 'disk0:/anyconnect-win-3.1.01065-k9.pkg' to a temporary ramfs file failed

Is there something that I'm doing wrong when installing the package?

Also, is there away to manually install the client on a stand alone PC without a deploying method, similar to the IPSEC client software?

Thanks in advance,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have a look into the release notes and check if the memory space of your ASA is it as much as recommended.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

hsticher
Level 1
Level 1

1. File system:  I’ve no idea about the file system error. Maybe not enough free space left at the ASA file system?

2. Manually installation: Download the anyconnect-win-3.1.01065-pre-deploy-k9.iso image, unzip the content, and use the  setup utility of the created folder.

I have 171MB free out of 256MB total for the disk0. I'm guessing it's due to the memory being only 256MB and not having 1GB which is recomended for this version.

sharbati.mahdi
Level 1
Level 1

hi johng231

I have the same problem, do you know the solution after a year?

Have a look into the release notes and check if the memory space of your ASA is it as much as recommended.

We have upgraded the ASA memory to resolve this issue. Check the current memory and upgrade it to the recomended one for your model.

Memory Part Numbers

Product   Description

ASA5505-MEM-512=

512 MB Memory for   Cisco ASA 5505

ASA5510-MEM-1GB=

1GB Memory for   Cisco ASA 5510

ASA5520-MEM-2GB=

2GB Memory for   Cisco ASA 5520

ASA5540-MEM-2GB=

2GB Memory for   Cisco ASA 5540

thank you very much john

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: