Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Router or Support vor esp32

smite
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

So I live in a University dorm where I have some problems with some stuff.

First, I have the limitation of only connecting 3 devices over Wi-Fi where I can authenticate with PEAP and a limit of 3 clients(I have 5 that I want to use). As for normal Ethernet, I have 2 connections where I need to connect to a VPN with AnyConnect.

So for my PC's it's not an issue but with my Lamps it's a problem, so I had the idea to use a raspberry as a proxy that connects via any connect and hosts a Wi-Fi network. That would be the “expensive variant” and quite complicated I think. So I wonder is there a AnyConnect compatible cheap router I could use as a proxy? So I can connect my 4 Wi-Fi clients over one single AnyConnect without needing AnyConnect on the client?

TLDR: I have too many Wi-Fi clients, and they can't connect to AnyConnect or PEAP(3 of them) directly, so I can't use a normal access point.

Thanks smite.

1 Reply 1

UdupiKrishna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I partially understand what you are trying to achieve. As an example I have a similar setup with pfsense connecting to Nord VPN and at a toggle of switch/routing I can forward traffic from devices behind pfsense via VPN (OpenVPN client)

But I dont think this is possible with anyconnect (not that I am aware off) because of the compatibility. You can run anyconnect client on linux but i dont know if that helps in setting this up.