Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect SBL Win 10 not working

DAVIES604
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

This is driving me crazy. I can’t get SBL working on win 10. Works fine on win 7, click ‘switch user’ and select network sign-in icon. On win 10 I can’t get the icon to appear on the login screen. Thought it might be our group policy stopping something, so tried it on a fresh 10 install and still no luck. Can’t help thinking I’m missing something simple. Installing the module manually, enabling SBL in the profile, same method as my working win7. Can’t find much online about this problem, not with AnyConnect anyway. There seems to be working examples online it must be supported. 

Anyone any any ideas at all?

Thanks. 

3 Replies 3

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Which version of AnyConnect are you trying?

Hi, sorry only just noticed your reply.

So after lots of hair pulling, I eventually discovered that it was some 2FA software we are using that was stopping this working. I have since learned that a machine needs to be domain joined also for this to work, not sure if that's definitely true, but it would explain why I also couldn't get this to work on my fresh Win10 build.

Thanks.

I once did SBL, but many years ago. It did work though, but we decided against using it.
Here is the manual I used, which outlines more or less all required steps:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/107598-sbl.html