cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect Version Backwards Compatibility

ondrej.vosatka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm looking for help with this issue.

We have several customers who require us to perform a remote service, which we connect to via anyconnect. Due to different levels of comfort with changes and technical capabilities on the customer side, this usually means that we use different levels of release of the anyconnect client software.

This causes problems when I want to connect to customer version 4.10, which I connect to customer 1, but I can't connect to customer 2 with this version and my older version 4.5 works.

I would like to be able to install the latest client and still work with older installations instead of uninstalling, restarting and installing an older version.

I would appreciate any help than reinstalling the client every time.

Thanks

Ondra

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your newer version of AnyConnect should connect fine to customers' VPN portal with older releases installed locally. I do it all the time across dozens of customers - even ones with ancient AnyConnect 3.x installed.

Thanks and is it possible that the problem is in the vpn settings at the customer's side to which I am connecting?

@ondrej.vosatka yes that would generally be the case. You may be unable to connect for various reasons - such as a Dynamic Access Policy that might not be immediately obvious.