Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 Anyconnect licenses

AyoubC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ! 

i'm about to buy ASA 5505 anyconnect license, i'm confused between Cisco links that talk about ASA 5505 Anyconnect license EOL & EOS,

this link says that that Anyconnect licenses are EOS, EOL 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/eos-eol-notice-c51-734040.html

and this one says the opposite:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5505-adaptive-security-appliance/eos-eol-notice-c51-738642.html

which link is valid, could some one clarify that because i'm about to place an order from www.router-switch.com Cisco re seller 

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You’re welcome. 

Essentials is the old license type. The replacement is Plus (which also includes the old Mobile license).  

Just look at the Ordering Guide linked in the AnyConnect announcement you referenced. You can also check the AnyConnec5 Licensing FAQ. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Moved this thread to the VPN forum.

The first link talks about end of sales for the ASA 5505. It is correct.

The second link says that old style AnyConnect licenses (i.e. version 3.x) are no longer sold and correctly refers you to the AnyConnect Ordering Guide to help with your product selection.

AnyConnect version 4.x licenses are sold per user (vs. per device like they used to be) and are very actively sold and supported. You generally have the option of Plus or Apex license types (with a few other less common options) in 1, 3 and 5-year terms. the ordering guide (and any authorized reseller) provides many more details re part numbers etc.

Thank you Marvin for reply, it make sense, 

i would like to be more specific now, the license that i want to buy is Anyconnect Essential L-ASA-AC-E-5505=, for my ASA 5505 (base license platform - manufactured in 2014) 

in your opinion Marvin, is this license still available for sell/support ?  

Thank you 

You’re welcome. 

Essentials is the old license type. The replacement is Plus (which also includes the old Mobile license).  

Just look at the Ordering Guide linked in the AnyConnect announcement you referenced. You can also check the AnyConnec5 Licensing FAQ.