cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5585-X Upgrade from SSP-20 to SSP-60

kevin.fogarty
Level 1
Level 1

Due to oversubscription of our ASA remote access box, we need to upgrade from SSP-20s to SSp-60s. Has anyone done this before? I'm trying to work out the best option to minimise downtime, move config and Apex licences, but can't find and upgrade process.

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you're committed to that approach I'd definitely open a TAC case procatively. They can guide you through it in real time step-by-step.

The configuration should be backed up and restored including certificates and and VPN customization files (like clientless portal and xml files). The licenses can be transferred easily assuming you have AnyConnect 4.x license type. If they are 3.x you might have to get your activation-key rehosted by TAC global licensing team.

Thanks. I've tried using TAC, but unfortunately have had no useful information from them, just a lot of confusing and contradictory info. I was hoping someone on the forum had already performed the upgrade and could provide real world experience.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: