Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 9.18.3. cannot access Client Profile

gaigl
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

while trying new Cisco Secure Client 5, on Firepower 21xx (same on FPR4112) with ASA 9.18.3.56 and ASDM 7.19.1.95 I can't access the Profile Editor: if I click on the "Secure Client Profile" ASDM still shows me the Client Images.

I've tried to remove the 5.x Clients, but nothing happens, tried with ver 5.1.0.136 and 5.0.05040.

on the CLI I see the profile:

anyconnect profiles ACME-PROFILE.TEST disk0:/acme-profile.test.xml

18 Replies 18

pieterh
VIP
VIP

"ASDM still shows me the Client Images"
did you try selecting an image before you can proceed ?

gaigl
Level 3
Level 3

the images are ok, tried different versions, what is missing is the client profile (where I configure the xml)

I've got the Menue, but clicking on the Menue nothing happens

I know, the Configuration of the profile editor depends on the image-version

I think you need to change the extension by using  test editor 
or 
using XML file directly via XML editor  

Thanks A Lot
MHM

sorry, don't understand:

you think the file is corrupt? The clients can work and get the the file when they connect.

I can't edit the profile, because I don't have access to the menue

It's the same on a Prod Cluster of Firepower 4112, so I would wonder if it happens the same time on both systems

gaigl
Level 3
Level 3

it looks kike this:

gaigl_0-1699531427073.png

so if I click on "secure client profile" it hangs on the last position of the menue

gaigl
Level 3
Level 3

I tested on anothe Machine:

as soon as I add the client image cisco-secure-client-win-5.1.0.136-webdeploy-k9.pkg (or a 5.0.xxx) to the list of client images and click on apply and save, I cannot edit the client profile (clicking on "Secure Client Profile" nothing happens).

First Time I see a Message about missing client editor plugin

gaigl
Level 3
Level 3

after a reboot without a client image of secure client 5 I get this error message:

gaigl_0-1700550852308.png

removed the content, was not correct

did you check this restriction?

Changes to the Cisco Secure Client Profile Editor

You must install Java, version 8 or higher, before launching the profile editor. Cisco Secure Client Profile Editor supports OpenJDK and also Oracle Java. For certain OpenJDK builds, Profile Editor may fail to launch when the JRE path cannot be determined. Navigate to the installed JRE path where you will be prompted to properly launch the Profile Editor.

sorry, but I don't want to run the Profile Editor on the Client, I need the profile Editor on the ASA (ASDM) -> Headend Deployment

this IS because it is started from ASDM !
ASDM also uses a version of Java, but the profile editor may need a different version than ASDM

• ASDM 7.19(1) requires Oracle Java version 8u261 or later—Before you upgrade to ASDM 7.19, be sure to update Oracle Java (if used) to version 8u261 or later. This version supports TLSv1.3, which is required to upgrade the ASDM Launcher. OpenJRE is not affected.

gaigl_0-1700557926078.png

gaigl
Level 3
Level 3

Core and Start Before Login; but this is the client-installation. The Problem is on the Headend.

the Client gets the Profile.xml, but on the Headend (Firepower with ASA Software I cannot edit the Profile

gaigl
Level 3
Level 3

tested some issues:

fresh Download of cisco-secure-client-win-5.1.0.136-webdeploy-k9.pkg because the file showed a later Date. Checked the MD5

Updated a DEV Firepower to ASA 9.18.4 with ASDM 7.20.1, no change in behaviour

run the ASDM on a Win 10 Client with Oracle Java 1.8.0_381 and where the Win Profile editor is installed, no change

behaviour:

client image anyconnect-win-4.10.07061-webdeploy-k9.pkg is placed under "Secure Client Software" -> ASDM Profile Editor is working fine, I can edit, validate

adding client image cisco-secure-client-win-5.1.0.136-webdeploy-k9.pkg, apply, save (sometimes after save, both client images disappear), restart ASDM, can't access ASDM Profile Editor (this is happening sometimes after a second Restart)

delete client image cisco-secure-client-win-5.1.0.136-webdeploy-k9.pkg (Entry and File), apply, save, restart ASDM, client profile is accessible again.