Views
Helpful
Replies

BRI0/0 Input Errors?

russ.laplante
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have begun watching router interfaces for input errors in an attempt to respond proactively to WAN issues.

During this process, I noticed something that seems strange. The spoofing BRI0/0 interface (we use ISDN dial for backup) is showing input errors. I would not expect to see any errors on this interface, especially input errors on a "virtual" interface. The bri0/1-2 interfaces are not registering any errors, and, like I mentioned earlier, they are not up.

Anyone have insight on this?

Thanks, Russ

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Russ

I am not sure that I understand your comment about a "virtual" interface. While bri0/1 and 0/2 are the data channels and are down most of the time, the bri0/0 is the signaling channel and is actually communicating to the ISDN switch all of the time. So I would not necessarily be surprised to have input errors on the bri0/0.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

OK. Forget virtual.

Would you say the BRI0/0 is communicating over the D channel? Could this be indicating a general circuit issue?

Thanks, Russ

Russ

Yes I would say taht bri 0/0 is communicating over the D channel which is the expected behavior. without knowing some more detail about the type of error and the frequency of the error I could not say whether it seems to indicate a general circuit issue. If you can tell us what kind of errors, how many errors, over what time period they accumulated we might be able to clarify better. Even better would be to clear the counters on the interface, let it run for an hour or two and gather fresh information on the errors.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick