cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you have MPLS in BO and Internet in HO ? How to implement IPsec tunnel ?

Hidayat Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Quick question,  Can you have MPLS in BO and Internet in HO ? How to implement IPsec tunnel between the HeadOffice Internet and the BranchOffice MPLS connection ?

Ideal situation will be to have either MPLS in HO and all BO's and have private VPN, but what I have a situation where my Centeral location is via Internet and remote sites through MPLS and would like to implement the IPsec tunnel (Site to Site) vpn tunnel ?

Can you guide me through ?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Fundamentally, whatever is doing the encryption has to be able to talk to the remove device - so that it can send the encrypted data to it, and so that the remote device can decrypt it.

So you'll need all the sites to have Internet connections, or MPLS connections, but I doubt your MPLS sites will be able to directly talk to the Internet.

I have never seen a senrio where the HO has internet access and BO MPLS!!! Actually  some sites will have MPLS/ADSL/3g/4g connections.

I am okay with IPsec tunnel over ADSL and 3g/4g connection, however I am kinda confused IPsec over MPLS and then internet! One of our client requirement! I suggested that you have to have MPLS connection in both sites and then certainly you can configure IPsec tunnel over MPLS if you don't trust your Service Provider!

Thanks