cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 867w and Advanced IP Services

cityfibre
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody tell me if the Cisco 867w ISR router has an IOS with the Advanced IP Services? I need to use this router with Amazon VPC and BGP is required, where the Universal IOS does not accomodate BGP.

Any help is very much appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Rozsa Illes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Craig,

Not sure if you received any reply via other means since you posted your question but the 860 routers do not support the Advanced IP Services feature set (only the 880 routers do) and unfortunately BGP is not available for them either.

Warm Regards,

Rose

Rose,

Thank you for the reply. I am a little confused by your response as the Cisco website contradicts your advice about BGP on the Advanced IP Services IOS for the 880 & 870 routers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/data_sheet_c78_459542_ps380_Products_Data_Sheet.html (Table 7)

And also on the 870 Series

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/ps6200/product_data_sheet0900aecd8028a976.html (Table 5)

Are you talking from experience on these devices and have tried to get BGP working on them. It is important i get the right device as i am trying to connect to the Amazon VPC system and these routers have been recommended.

Regards,

Craig Pickering.

Hello Craig,

I am sorry. You are right and my answer was not clear.

Regarding the BGP, I wanted to refer only to the 860 routers which does not support it. Routers which can load Advanced IP Services feature set would support BGP.

I have also quickly checked both a 871 and 881 in the lab with advanced ip services feature set and both has the "router bgp" command available.

Warm Regards,

Rose

Rose,

Many Thanks for this reply. I currently need to use an ADSL device, so is there any way of testing an 877 or an 887 device to confirm this for me?

Many Thanks.

Hello Craig,

If you send some specific commands, I can try to check if they are available or not but I do not have a setup to check the full functionality.

Regards,

Rose