cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect, Lost connection to VPN service. Reattaching...

l.lambrechts18
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

So I'm having some trouble using my university VPN that is with Cisco on my Mac. I've installed it and opened Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. I can input the domain name and click connect. This pops up with a window asking for my university login details, which I can input and submit. The VPN then connects and lasts around 10 seconds (record now is 20) before promptly disconnecting. The message history gives the following message lining up with the disconnect time 

Lost connection to VPN service. Reattaching...

This message also continually pops up without connecting to the VPN, and when the application is open it pops up in front of whatever window I'm working on with the message Ready to connect above the input bar for the domain name. I was having this issue with OS 10, Catalina, so I updated to OS 11 Big Sur and nothing has changed.

This error message also pops up occasionally when I try to connect.

AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway. Please try connecting again.

I've followed the guidelines for this error message, I've disabled my firewall, turned off internet connection sharing and I have no antivirus running. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing has been successful.

Has anyone come across a similar issue or knows what's wrong here?

0 Replies 0